Helloooo lovely people! How are you doing? Hope everything is sunny in your life and hope the summer is not torturing you yet 🙂
Here is Kolkata its tooo sunny and too humid. And its a nightmare for oily skinned beauties. Our make-ups don’t stay up longer. Our face shines with oil all day and night. And we can’t keep those pimples at bay. Yes, oily skinned people like me simply hate summers. And with all those sweating and sebum secreting, we keep rubbing our face and make it more red. Uuuuurgh I hate summers!
To keep your skin toned and healthy and hydrated, I have come up with this beautiful and superb easy DIY. It’s ROSE WATER. Yes I know you can buy it easily from the stores but let me tell you one thing…….those store bought rose water have no nutrients in them. Its just water, rose essence/rose oil and preservatives. For someone like me, who has sensitive and oily skin, I like to know what I’m putting on my face. That’s why I came up with this and trust me once you make this and use this, you’ll never “BUY” rose water again. So, let’s begin…… 🙂
What you’ll need:
- Roses. (I took 4 red roses. You can use either red or pink roses….whatever is available)
- Rose oil/essence (optional)
Let’s see how to make it 🙂
- Take off the petals from the roses. Discard the stem and leaves.
- Take a pan, put the rose petals and pour water. The water must be just enough to cover the rose petals. If you want stronger smell then you can use less water but the appropriate proportion is 1 cup of petals to 2 cups of water i.e. 1:2 rose petals to water.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Place it on a stove and let it simmer at the lowest heat possible. Don’t boil it. Never ever boil it.
- At around 15-20 minutes of simmering, you’ll see that the petals have started to turn white and they are leaving all their color.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
This is exactly how the petals begin to look after simmering for 15 minutes. I took bright red roses. And they had already left their color. At this stage you’ll know that its done and let it sit.
- Turn off the heat. Let it cool down completely.
- If you want to have a stronger rose like smell, after it has cooled down, add 10-12 drops of it and give it a stir with spoon.
- Strain it, pour it in your favorite mason jar or spray bottle and you are good to go 🙂
Isn’t this the easiest way to make rose water! There are many other ways but I found this to be the easiest one.
Few things let me tell you. This one will not have a rose like smell after cooling. So if you really want that rose smell, you’ll need essence or oil. And refrigerate it. Once you keep it refrigerated, it’ll last for a month. If you want it to last more then add a shot of vodka in it. And the lid of the pan that you’ll use while simmering, make sure that it has no holes in it. Don’t let the vapor escape.
Try this one guys. You can add it in your face pack, take it in a cotton ball and wipe your face, wet a tissue and rub gently rub your face…..it’s good for everything. We all know that rose water is a wonderful toner and no matter what skin type you have it’ll help your skin to stay fresh, less irritated and hydrated. Plus, it helps shrink pores. So why wait……go and make this today 🙂
Don’t forget to tell me how it turned out and if you have any more queries, feel free to post. If you want more DIYs then also do tell me.
Till then….stay beautiful….. XOXO 🙂 Love you all 🙂